Sunday, October 12, 2008

Saturday 11th - OK Gala

My work had a table at the Operation Kids (OK) Gala this year and me and Troy were lucky to attend. It was in honor of Jon Walsh. It was a black tie affair; I loved dressing up, Troy was not as excited. I won't get into great detail about the why's and who's as I have a link to the site below. If you get a free minute check it out. In addition to those on the agenda, we saw the Attny General, Orrin Hatch and Elizabeth Smart. Food was great and so was the entertainment. As we were leaving I went to get my coat and guess who I ran into...David Archuletta, yep! We were in the hall so I had to get my pix taken with him. Poor Troy missed out cuz he was in the men's room. He doesn't like AI stuff, so I think he would have just rolled his eyes had he been there. LOL. What a cute kid...and me a a dork for asking for a picture! We got some nice free stuff too; CD's, laptop case, leather notebook, DVD and book. What a wonderful organization! They do so much for our kids that I think many of us take for granted. I even got a little emotional during the event. Did I say what an incredible evening?

http://www.operationkids.org/gala08/

~ Candi

No comments: